What we're looking for
Abacum is seeking a talented engineer who possesses infinite curiosity and a great drive. You will partner with the founding team, product, and design to create groundbreaking technology that truly improves how teams work and collaborate.
You will have the amazing opportunity to code in an extremely agile environment, avoid bureaucracy and overhead, have your code directly impact product and users, and also work hand-in-hand with a senior and world-class tech team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate closely with engineers, product designers, and product owners to perform experiments and test new ideas
- Take operational responsibility for the components that you write
- Build the first version of our web application, which includes:
- Innovative features
- State management
- Customisation possibilities for the user
- Complex data visualisation (graphs, charts, etc.)
- Delightful components to provide the best experience possible
- Big data handling
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth by providing you with challenging tasks to solve and the freedom to acquire new skills in hack time, reading groups, lectures and a variety of internal training courses
- Versatile (4x4) and hands-on doer, starter attitude
- Empathetic and humble, you do not hesitate to speak up with respect and have the capacity to commit in disagreement when needed
- You learn quickly and enjoy working closely together with your product team to bring value to the users
- Awesome software engineering best practices, from all usual types of testing and frameworks (unit, integration, functional, performance) to PR reviews and pair programming (when needed)
- You are passionate about writing high-quality code!
- Experience building REST API's and distributed event consumers
- Ability to write complex, high-performant, reusable code for components from scratch
- Familiarity with modern development and build tools such as git, npm, babel, and webpack; experience with front-end JS testing tools and a comprehensive understanding of UI testing techniques
- A solid understanding in core web and browser concepts (eg. how the browser parses and constructs a web page)
- Experience with performance and optimisation problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Some experience with BackEnd programming languages (NodeJS, Python, GO or Ruby are preferred)
- Database systems knowledge (PostgreSQL and MySQL are preferred)
- Experience with TypeScript
- Participating in one or more open-source projects
Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment.
Excellent benefits, including private health insurance, Calm subscription, language courses, and more to come.
Generous time off, stock options, and amazing quarterly offsites.
Fast growth prospects and opportunity at a truly welcoming, multicultural company.
A big vision: we’re changing the way finance teams collaborate in scaling companies and we want you to be a part of it.
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit for you?
Email us at email@example.com
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying